Sponsored by The Australian Irish Heritage Association
Joyce Parkes Women’s Writers’ Prize honours Joyce Parkes who is a well-known poet living in Western Australia. She is the patron of the prize, which aims to promote and encourage women writers in Australia.
First prize $500
Limit 1000-2000 words
Prose, fact or fiction
Topic: ‘Welcome’ or ‘Failte’
Deadline: 30 November this year
Entrance Fee $10.
For all inquiries and submissions call Denis Bratton on 9345 3530 or email email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who was the last winner of the prize?
2020 Winning entry ‘Dearest Cuz’ by Carmel Lillis (see our blog for a copy of the winning entry)
Do you have a sample of a previous winner?
What are the rules of entry?
- All or any entries may be published in the Association’s magazine The
Journal and its website. The prize money will be deemed to include a
fee for publication. Copyright remains with the author.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work, not previously published,
broadcast or awarded a literary prize.
- Work submitted must be a copy of the original work (the original
should be retained by the entrant). Entries will not be returned.
- The work must be in ENGLISH. The Macquarie Dictionary is the spelling
- The work must be typed, double spaced, on one side only of A4 with 2cm
- A PEN NAME MUST BE USED – This should be on each page with title
and page number. The entrants name must only appear on the
- A completed entry form must accompany each entry.
- The Judges’ decision will be final. Any attempt to communicate with a
Judge will result in disqualification.
- There is no limit to the number of entries, but each one must be
accompanied by a fee of $10 .
- Commonwealth Bank – BSB: 066-192 Account No: 10546502
- The Competition is Australia wide.
Entries should be posted to
Writers’ Prize, Australian Irish Heritage Association PO Box 1583
Subiaco WA 6904
Late entries will not be considered.
How do I submit my entry?
Simply complete the Joyce Parkes Women’s Writers’ Prize Entry form along with your submission and entry fee and post to Writers Prize, Australian Irish Heritage Association WA Inc. PO Box 1583 Subiaco. WA 6904