- Born in Belfast yet lived most of her life in the lee of Benevenagh mountain
- brings to the AIHA experience in Business, Scholarship and Therapeutic Practice. before migration as a business migrant in 1990.
- A lifelong passion is her interest in oral history and how a person experiences, their unique spirituality of person in place, space and time.
- She is known for her approachability, warmth, hospitality and love of conversation and storytelling.
- Born in Trim, Co Meath, Ireland Tony came to Australia with wife Cecilia in 1979. They have 3 sons.
- He has been involved in Perth Irish community organisations since 1981
- Honorary life member of The Irish Club and The Irish Theatre Players
- Recipient of the Brendan Award with Cecilia.
- A native of Armagh, educated Sacred Heart Convent.
- Emigrated to Australia with Denis and daughters, Deirdre and Ailsa.
- Served several years in a voluntary capacity as Treasurer of Swimming WA, Tuart Hill Swimming Club, Amelia Heights Scout Group and currently The Claddagh Association Inc and Australian Irish Heritage Association WA Inc
- A Life Member of Swimming WA and Tuart Hill Swimming Club.
- Australian Sports Medal in 2000, Commemorating Australian Sporting Achievement.
Immediate Past Present
- Born Armagh City, educated Christian Brothers Grammar School
- GAA Harps member and player – represent the County and Province
- Ordinance Survey UK
- Emigrated to Australia with Patricia and 2 daughters
- Photogrammetrist – Aerial Mapping Surveyor
- Graduated Bed and embarked on a teaching career
- Inaugural Committee of GAA in WA – Treasurer and Secretary and Player
- Joined AIHA in 1996 as Treasurer and later as President for 11 years
- Life member Tuart Hill Swimming Club
- Co-recipient of Brendan Award with my wife Patricia
- Life Member of Australian Irish Heritage Association WA Inc
- Although born in Perth WA, Carmel has strong Irish links through her
- Grand Parents and Great Grandparents who came from Whitegate in Co. Clare, Newport in Co. Tipperary, Castleconnell Co. Limerick and Co. Kerry.
- Spent five years volunteering with the Irish Theatre Players taking on roles as Director, Asst. Director and Stage Manager.
- Carmel worked at the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) in Perth and Canberra as a Senior Manager in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) area and in Client Services. Since leaving ABS in recent times, she has worked as the Parish Secretary at Our Lady of Lourdes Nollamara.
- Secretary of the WA Racehorse Owners Association (10 years)
- Program Director for Radio for the Print Handicap (Canberra)
- On-Air Presenter for Radio for the Print Handicap (Canberra and Perth)